Subject: Re: Adaptec/Buslogic conflict correction
To: None <ghudson@MIT.EDU>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/25/1996 22:03:54
My question is this: is anyone out there willing to finally fix this
somehow? It is important. Why? I am working on a new install system
for release 1.2, in which the user will insert a single floppy, boot,
and go. This is achieved by booting a compressed image, including a
ram disk root. I would be really, really nice if we only had to
maintain a single install kernel, and if the user didn't have to worry
about which install floppy to use. Load and go is the goal, and the
buslogic/adaptec screw is standing, unfortunately, in the way.

Since we have successfully eliminated the false positive problem,
would scoreboarding the detected devices help here at all?

Perry