Subject: Re: headless PeeSea
To: None <windsor@pobox.com>
From: Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcs.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/06/1995 09:36:58
>From the keyboard of Rob Windsor:

> >> I'm putting together a headless PC (well, it's running already), but I
> >> need to figure out how to tell the kernel to ignore the missing keyboard.
>
> >> Currently, it gets to the kernel loading and the kernel demands to see
> >> the keyboard before it continues.  The BIOS itself doesn't care (yay!).

> No, actually, it's not that.  At about the same location, it blurbs
> "Plug In Keyboard", "Missing Keyboard", "Cannot Read From Keyboard", or
> something similiar.
>
> Ugh, I forgot to mention that I'm using pcvt (the one that's incorporated
> in -current).

The pcvt in -current should/MUST(!)/does timeout at boot time when no key-
board is attached to the system (at least it does it under NetBSD 1.0).

Since i have not running -current someone should have a look and fix it in
case it is broken for -current.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis    HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH    Hamburg, Europe
                       "There are lies, damn lies, and open systems." (unknown)