Subject: Re: Motif available?
To: Helmut Wirth <wirth@zerberus.hai.siemens.co.at>
From: Dave Cornejo <dave@dogwood.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/12/1995 05:57:52
Helmut Wirth wrote:
> Here are two email addresses to reach them:
>
> Europe: 	info@lasermoon.co.uk
> US and Canada:  info@acc-corp.com
>
> They have anonymous ftp too: ftp://lasermoon.co.uk

Avoid these people.  In the FreeBSD group someone posted about
problems with their products not working and their lack of support and
unkept promises.  My own personal experience is that their distributor
sold me a copy of 1.2.3 for NetBSD 1.0 that has *never* worked.
Repeated promises to fix this have been unfulfilled.  Several other
people wrote me and complained of similarly bad experiences.

Their primary product is a Linux port, FreeBSD and NetBSD seem to be
sidelines as every time I have been given an excuse for why the
promised fix had not been delivered I was told that the Linux port had
intervened.  I have no confidence that they have suddenly had a change
of heart.

YMMV.

--
Dave Cornejo                                There is nothing so subtle
Dogwood Media                                           as the obvious