Subject: Snapshots of -current ?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Liddelow <tim@shoebox.cst.labtam.OZ.AU>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/10/1995 16:01:07
As an avid user of NetBSD 1.0, I congratulate everyone on a job well done,
but obviously never complete :)  I am about to upgrade from 1.0 to -current,
and due to having to reorganise one of the disks in the machine, will have
to load 1.0 onto the machine again and then sup -current.  I was thinking
though that having snapshots of working, reliable -current(s) at regular
intervals (or times when -current is considered 'reliable' by whatever
criterion is decided upon) would be great.  As is has been more than 6 months
since the 1.0 official release, which is longer than the time between 0.9 and
1.0, rather than having an interim release, have some snapshots similar
to what is done in FreeBSD.  Is there any support for this?  I think the
sparc people are doing it, so why not the i386 people ?

If I had a -current, I wouldn't mind providing snapshots of stable, generic
-current kernels.  But I don't have -current as yet (very soon though).

Cheers
Tim.