Subject: Re: setting the time
To: Achyutram Bhamidipaty <ram@cs.arizona.edu>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/24/1995 00:12:34
While really really bored, Achyutram Bhamidipaty wrote:
> Also if I use the date command (if my recollection is correct) the
> command only changes the kernels idea of the time, and not the
> hardware clock itself.  Is there a way I can change the hardware time
> of day clock?

This reminds me; my friend has a Compaq pentop computer, and when he puts
it in standby, the kernel's time idea becomes very different than the
actual time value :) Other than that, it works OK.  In fact, it's less
likely to crash when suspending under NetBSD than DOOM. :)
--
VaX#n8 (vak-sa-nate) - n, CS senior++ and Unix junkie - vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Information Freedom Fighter                           - PGP key on request