Subject: Re: Vadem Clio 1050 hardware and software support?
To: Juergen Sell <juergen.sell@gmail.com>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@city-net.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/14/2007 22:24:25
On 2007-05-14 juergen.sell@gmail.com wrote:

> Cross compiling my own vr41xx kernel on an i386 linux box from the cvs
> -r netbsd-4 helped.
> I did find the conf/VR41XX file and the options flags for KB_SWAPCTRLCAPS
> and the VT support WS_DISPLAYDEFAULTSCREENS, so that works.
> Still do not understand how to tell the build process to build with
> the clio-1050 keymapping. Or is there some automagic? Can I tell it
> more specific than ./build.sh .... -U  tools kernel=VR41XX ?

  You don't need an option; it should just be there.  Did you use the
C-1050 setting when booting?  What exact problem are you seeing?

> > 3)
> > Upon suspend (with the power button) the display remains on thus
> > consuming power?
> > Is there any way to completely turn it off (and on again upon resume)?
>
> The same TODO says not yet.
> I would be willing to try a few things here if someone has any hints?

  It uses an Epson chip that is also found in an Arm core.  IIRC and last
time I checked (a couple of years ago) there was only a stub driver in an
arm port but no suspend support.  The datasheet is available from Epson.

> > 5)
> > under X with Xhpc the digitizer orientation is rotated: moving the
> > stylus left-right moves the cursor up-down and vice versa. ( I run the
> > video reversed when starting from pbsdboot as white on black if that
> > matters) Is there an option to change the digitizer orientation?
>
> Digitizer still works only under X. Orientation is still rotated. So
> far no idea where to start. My first try to rebuild the distribution
> failed anyway.

  tpctl.

> > 6) how do I make the win key and the alt-modifiler key working? (under
> > wince alt-up gives page-up etc.)
> ? still unsolved. All the older diff files that once existed seem to
> have been merged into the cvs kernel source tree already? So for the
> time being I am lost here.

  IIRC, I used the windows key for a modifier and Ctl-Alt-N instead of
Ctrl-Alt-FnN since the keyboard seems unable to generate the Ctl-Alt-Fn
sequences.  It may have had trouble with some Ctl-Alt-N sequences too; at
least screen 4 worked.  The hpcmips keyboard filter works better than CE,
which produces quite a few garbage characters when using multiple keys.

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@city-net.com