Subject: RE: E100/Microdrive
To: David Cowan <David.Cowan@vissci.com>
From: George Sollish <gsollish@mail.gisco.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/08/2001 09:08:47
On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, David Cowan wrote:

> Out of curiosity, what kind of battery life are you getting out of your Z50
> with the Microdrive installed ?  How often do you hit the disc ?

Never got far enough with the z50 to find out.  I finally threw in the
towel when the NetBSD boot paniced at "unable to start (find?)
/dev/console.  Is this a known problem with a workaround?  I was
installing by loading pbsdboot and the install kernel on a small dos
partition on the Microdrive, then booting the z50 and dragging down
the installation sets by NFS from my desktop.

George E Sollish	Chief Engineer		Auto Gear Equipment
			Host			Classic FM's Listening Room
			Project Manager		The Payne Lake Project