Subject: Re: MI com(4) support patch (Re: hp300 switched to MI SCSI)
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/03/2003 13:38:53
On 03.11.03, 19:20:47, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> In article <20031102233100.GA616@localhost>
> bsieker@freenet.de wrote:
>
> > The reason I did not test any changes to -current (or 1.6 or even
> > 1.5), is that all the last times I tried, it refused to initialize
> > my frame buffer console correctly (tested with both Topcat and
> > Hyperion FBs, with 425t, 433t and 425s), and so I cannot test much
> > beyond that.
>
> Could you try serial console? It's very difficult to debug kernel
> without working console anyway.

Last time I tried, serial console worked fine, as long as I did
not need the framebuffer. But since the raison d'etre for this
machine is as an X-Terminal, I have no real use for it without
working framebuffer.

I think I will try a late -current snapshot again soon.

How will a serial console configured in the PROM interact with the
com driver? (I think I only have one serial port at my 425s.)

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD - where do you want to go Tuesday?
		-- Julian Assange