Subject: Apollo?
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonas Bofjall <job@abc.se>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/10/1996 05:40:17
I have got my hands on an old workstation, which says "Apollo 3550" on the
front and "model 4000" on the back. It is some kind of HP machine, based
on the 68020 (or maybe 030?) with SCSI. I don't know much more about it.
Oh yes, the video is capable of 1280 x 1024 (in 8 colors, I believe).
The memory is rather limited, 8 MB I think.

It is running Domain/OS right now, but lacks a lot of system utilities and
files (they were on a network). My question is rather simple:

Will NetBSD run? If not, do you know any other freeware OS that will?

(I looked at Linux, and my machine is listed as "unsupported" there. I
also looked at OpenBSD but find nothing. This, at least, *sounded* pretty
close...) Thank you for any help.

  // Jonas <job@abc.se> [2:201/262.37]