Subject: Two quick things
To: None <port-hp300@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Bill Squier <groo@menger.eecs.stevens-tech.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/01/1994 19:04:44
I've had an HP9000/340 dumped in my lap recently, and been asked if it could
be made to do something useful.  I immediately thought of NetBSD (which
I happily operate on two other platforms).  So, two questions:

1) This thing has only the esoteric HP-IB interface for its single 100MB (!)
   disk.  Am I SOL as far as NetBSD on this interface?  (The GENERIC config
   for hp300 didn't seem to mention it as an option, but I only skimmed it)

2) Failing the use of the illustrious HP-IB interface, will the hp300 port
   support remote booting, and if so, can I get a kernel configured for same?

Thanks muchly,
wps