Subject: Re: Permissions on swap
To: Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 09/23/2002 12:49:56
On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 06:38:07PM +0200, Harold Gutch wrote:

> Quoting "man exports":
>
>   A host may be specified only once for each local filesystem on the server
>
> You can export any given directory within a certain local
> filesystem, but you can't export another directory in this
> filesystem to the same host.  I guess that's what happened in
> Alex' case.  As a workaround you can export / to your Dreamcast.
> I'd suggest creating an extra partition for the swapfile via a
> vnode though.  That way you won't have to repartition or add a
> new harddisk.

I have the following in /etc/fstab on my dreamcast:
/.swap                  none            swap    sw      0 0

# ls -l /.swap
-rw-------  1 root  wheel  67108864 Sep  4 00:29 .swap

So I just export the dreamcast / normally and it just works for swap.
I don't see any need for any other arrangement personally.

-Andrew