Subject: Re: rtk0 and swap space problems, along with a question about wscons
To: Josh Tolbert <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Gregg C Levine <drwho8@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 08/31/2002 23:20:13
Hello from Gregg C Levine
About wscons, I'm afraid I can't help you there. About the hassles with rk0,
I might. As far as I know, the BBA is indeed wearing a RealTek chipset. It
also happens that chipset, and the NICs which wear them, are accident prone,
in the Linux/Windows worlds. I don't know about the NetBSD world. Also
support for anything RealTek based, is scarce. A suggestion is to check the
configuration of the settings for NFS, and DHCP. Obviously they are correct
because the system is coming up, but your problems say otherwise, also see
if you can build a 128M swapfile. Since I am now convinced that swapping
over NFS can be done, despite my information to the contrary, that might
solve your problems.
Gregg C Levine drwho8@worldnet.att.net
"Oh my!" The Second Doctor's nearly favorite phrase.