Subject: RE: *sigh* BBA?
To: None <port-Dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher John Thomas <thomasc@altsoftware.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 06/22/2001 15:48:29
On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Matthew Crane wrote:

> So how immposible would it be to adapt an ethernet card to plug into the
> dc?

  Instinct says "A PITA but do-able if you have the connector protocol",
but without the connector protocol, I can't check that :). I've done
enough driver and hardware work in the past to at least make an educated
guess about this.

  On the other hand, you could certainy (and easily!) build hubs and PCI
cards that would let you do networking using the controller port. The wire
protocol and data protocol for that are beautifully simple. The drawback
is that you'd be limited to 2 mbits, but this might be tolerable depending
on your application.

  One of my more amusing fantasies is to wrire up a rack of Dreamcasts in
hypercube configuration using the controller ports...

Ttyl,
				-Christopher Thomas