Subject: RE: Various Dreamcast offers seen this weekend; Q's about DC noise levels
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Kirk Kosinski <kmkosinski@csupomona.edu>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/05/2001 16:59:52
>Maybe your fan is breaking down. But, I've noticed that older DCs are much
>quieter than newer ones. I bought a Japanese DC in February of 1999, and
>when the drive is seeking it is much quieter than all the US Dreamcasts
I've
>heard, as well as the newer Japanese DC.
>-Kirk

Could it be that the older cooling components weren't robust enough so they
stuck bigger fans in?

The fan on my Dreamcast is not loud. I've noticed that on heavily used
machines the fans seem to be louder. Maybe it needs to be lubricated...
anyone know what lubricant should be used on the DC fan?
-Kirk