Subject: Re: ipslave
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@ameritech.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/29/2001 23:29:29
Jason R Thorpe writes:
> On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 10:54:50PM -0500, Andrew Gillham wrote:
>
>  > Marcus mentions the "broadband browser" (where do you get that?), so it
>  > might be required?  For now, just hard code the ARP info on your server
>  > or whatever will be sending to the dreamcast.  It works for me. :)
>
> Obviously we'll need to write a DHCP/NFS-capable boot program using
> libsa.

Yah, and also to make sure that CPU_LOADANDRESET works, so perhaps
a kernel with dhcp support could be burned to the CD, mount a nfs root
and then reload a new kernel on top of that.  I don't know if this will
only work on the mmeye or not, but it sure seems slick.

And at some point it might even be interesting to replace the dreamcast
firmware with a NetBSD kernel, for a completely diskless system. :)
(ok, not too likely I suppose...)

-Andrew