Subject: Re: Greetings
To: Byrd, John <john.byrd@segaamerica.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@mail.netbsd.org>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/09/2001 09:58:40
On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 06:03:11PM -0800, Byrd, John wrote:
> Hello port-dreamcast,
>
> Allow me to introduce myself.  I manage the Developer Technical Support
> department at Sega of America.  I am responsible for the official SDK that
> most developers are using in the US and Europe.

Hi John, it's great to see your presence here.

> Although I can't yet release proprietary technical information publicly,
> there are other ways we might be able to help out with this sort of project.

There is one specific question on my mind - I haven't purchased a unit yet -
I'd like to do so shortly. I have heard that new units on the shelves now
cannot boot from a Cd-Rom - which I understand is the current method of
bootstraping the serial-port loader utility.

Could you provide any information about whether my understanding is correct?
I would like to know if it is 'safe' to go out and buy one, and whether
I need to perform any sort of inspection to make sure I get a usable unit.

							David