[OT] RaQ2 and power

Hello.

Slightly off-topic, but I would like to share this observation nevertheless.

  Setup: RAQ2, NetBSD 5.0, 256 mb of memory, 2.5" drive, no fan.

  Problem: random reboots under either heavy disk or network load.

  Observation: when the fan is connected, no problems occur whatsoever.

I have stress tested the system by repeatedly transferring about 200 gb of
data to it. No problems when the fan is connected; when it is disconnected,
the system reboots after about 50 mb. Heating can be ruled out by the fact
that the box is running fine if the fan is connected but it is blocked by a
small bolt.

Would the conclusion be that the (default) PSU is defective (by design)?

- Jukka.