Subject: Re: upgrading shark firmware.
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/30/1999 13:19:52
Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org> writes:
> Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>  wrote:
>  > Can anyone who has upgraded their own shark's firmware tell me what magic
>  > incantation is necessary now that I have clicked "I agree" and obtained a
>  > *.img file? Or is there some other web site I am supposed to read first.
>
> 'net-flash' if I remember correctly.  don't have shark near me at the
> moment.
>
> but I think the filename you want is 'rom.DNA'.  If you 'net-flash' the
> wrong file, then you will most certainly lose.

yeah.  read the mailing list archives to find the caveats about this.
(turn any boot file name you have set up in your bootp/dhcp daemon
OFF, and check the bootp/dhcp reply's boot file and the shark's
behaviour with tcpdump to make sure you're getting the right image
file.)

Also, the patch:

: vi  drop h# 40 + " OBMD" comp abort" Not a firmware image" ;
patch vi verify-image flash-load-image

entered at the firmware before trying to upgrade or placed into the
nvramrc should help provide sanity.

cgd