Re: armbsd.org script?

> On Dec 15, 2023, at 12:49 AM, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Dec 14, 2023 at 11:12:56PM -0600, David Young wrote:
>> Are the bootable NetBSD images at armbsd.org built by an open-source
>> script?  I would like to build new bootable images with changes and that
>> seems like a good place to start....
>
> For most boards it just invokes installboot with the right args using
> pre-build u-boot packages from pkgsrc.

You can also do this directly with the src/build.sh script as part of a normal build; no extra scripts needed.  See src/BUILDING and mk.conf(5).  In short:

- build and install the appropriate u-boot boot block(s) from pkgsrc or elsewhere

- set the environment variable INSTALLBOOT_UBOOT_PATHS to point to the u-boot locations (colon delimited, like PATH)

- set the environment variable INSTALLBOOT_BOARDS to a list of board identifiers as recognized by installboot(8)

- run build.sh as normal; note that the environment variables can be set on the build.sh command line with -V options

Set up like this, a release build with build.sh will populate release/evbarm-earmv7hf/binary/gzimg with the bootable images (along with the normal nonbootable one).

Cheers,
Brook