Re: UEFI bootloader: command ?

> On Jul 31, 2019, at 10:51 AM, Jason Thorpe <thorpej%me.com@localhost> wrote:
>
>> On Jul 31, 2019, at 9:10 AM, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>> I have some questions about the UEFI boot loader and customisation
>> (I'm working with A20-based boards), and didn't find documentation about
>> it.
>> First, I have custom devices trees. How are device tree loaded in UEFI world,
>> and how can I set the file name to be loaded ?
>
> I added support for this by reading a configuration file (/etc/efiboot.plist), but I haven't written documentation yet.  I have started a boot(8) man page for evbarm, but haven't found the motivation to finish it.  When I am back home tonight, I'll follow-up with an example.

OK!  On my Orange Pi Zero Plus, I have an /etc/efiboot.plist that contains:

<plist>
<dict>
        <key>device-tree-overlays</key>
        <array>
                <string>/stand/evbarm/dtb/sunxi-h3-h5-orangepi-zero-nas.dtbo</string>
        </array>
</dict>
</plist>

That is a path in the root (FFS) file system.

Jared and I have discussed changing it to look for the overlays in the FAT (/boot) file system, but for how this is how it is implemented.

You need efiboot v1.9:

1.9:	Add support for efiboot.plist and loading device tree overlays.

LMK if you have any questions!

-- thorpej