Re: Support for trees of clocks served by one clock manager

On Wed, 15 Aug 2018, Aymeric Vincent wrote:

Also, I don't buy into having a (struct) device per clock; matching the
fdt with the autoconf tree looks nice on the paper, but it actually
complicates things uselessly for clocks (they come by trees of dozens on
"modern" socs). IMHO the right level of abstraction is exactly "clock
managers".

The clock manager driver can already call fdtbus_register_clock_controller multiple times with the same device_t instance, once per phandle it manages. No need for separate devices if that's the route you want to take.

Please update your patch to pass phandle to cc decode callback, otherwise it's on my TODO list but I can't make any commitments.