Re: Dockstar boots - was Re: Dockstar question

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 2:47 AM, Jean-Yves Moulin <jym%baaz.fr@localhost> wrote:
> Be careful on serial cable. The dockstar serial port is 3.3v logic (unlike
> normal computer who use 12v or 5v).

Yeah, I got one of the Nokia mobile phone cables off of Ebay to do
this. They are 3.3v. There is a site which describes the pinout here:

http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/File:CA-42_DKU-5_pinout.jpg

When you plug in the cable, I think it shows up as uplcom.

I just need to pry open the Dockstar and hook up this cable to the
proper pins and see why the machine is crashing.

Andy