Subject: Re: Shark with 128 MB
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-arm
Date: 06/14/2002 10:53:49
On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Martin Husemann wrote:

> Now the obvious experiment was to get 128 MB. This did not work. The memory
> was probed as 128 MB, but then the firmware fails imediately and the system
> won't boot.
>
> I assume this is a bug in the firmware? Any workarounds? Anyone got his shark
> to work with 128 MB?

	Congratulations. I thought I recalled something about the firmware
	only having a 96MB window for RAM, but I could be wrong. Anyone
	interested in rewriting the firmware? :)

> P.S.: if not, any (local) shark owners want to buy a known working 64 MB
> module?

	If you don't find a local taker I'd be happy to pay shipping as
	well :)

--
		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --