Re: TCP/IP For A3000 workbench 2.0 ?

Scott Ellis skrev:

>better than AmiTCP in my experience, using ASDG and C= NIC's).

ASDG NICs, nothing works well with those. I'm so happy that we replaced one
last week with an NE2000 over GG2+. =)

>Envoy was something entirely different; it was an Amiga-only networking
>protocol that used SANA-II devices, but didn't speak TCP/IP.  I don't
>remember if it was ever released, or just made available via the C=
>developer program.

It did however use IP for routing. Envoy was indeed released, and is AFAIK
still being distributed by Schatztruhe. Version 3 is quite impressive, it can
for example do ARexx calls between hosts.

>There was also a Pathworks client (made by Interworks, but I can't remember
>the name anymore) that let you connect (mostly...there were a number of
>"issues") Amiga's to DECnet networks.  That was quite...amusing. ;-)

Enlan DFS, right?

As for the original question, the AmiTCP 4 demo from Aminet is nice, and you
only have to see a nag window when you start it, then its use is unrestricted
(apart from some nice commodity features). If you're used to BSD, its
configuration is a piece of cake (AmiTCP is a big piece of BSD environment
transplanted into AmigaOS). Genesis is its current, GUI-enabled version, as
included in OS 3.9.

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

Amiga 4000/040 25MHz/64MB/20GB RetinaBLTZ3/VLab/FastlaneZ3/Ariadne/Toccata