Subject: Re: TCP/IP For A3000 workbench 2.0 ?
To: Sune Stjerneby <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Ellis <scotte@warped.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/18/2002 12:07:50
Yes, Commodore's TCP/IP stack (AS-225) originally didn't support SANA-II
devices.

Version 2 (later bought, modified, and sold by Interworks as "Inet225") did
support SANA-II though, and actually performed quite well (significantly
better than AmiTCP in my experience, using ASDG and C= NIC's).

Envoy was something entirely different; it was an Amiga-only networking
protocol that used SANA-II devices, but didn't speak TCP/IP.  I don't
remember if it was ever released, or just made available via the C=
developer program.

There was also a Pathworks client (made by Interworks, but I can't remember
the name anymore) that let you connect (mostly...there were a number of
"issues") Amiga's to DECnet networks.  That was quite...amusing. ;-)

    ScottE