Serial breaks...

(Note cross-list mailing.)

I have an Amiga with an A2232 serial card.  I have a Sun 3/60.

The amiga is the Sun's console.

When I reboot the Amiga, the sun is dropped to the boot monitor, because
of the break on the serial line.  This is undesirable to me, but I can
understand it.  Yet, when I use cu, ~%break does nothing.

Can anyone suggest a way to reverse this?  I would like to be able to
intentionally send a break, but I would also like to have the 3/60
survive the other machine's boots a bit better.

-s