Subject: ACPI on amd64 laptops
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Samuel Kesterson <netbsd@k-labs.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 03/07/2005 23:08:27
	Forgive me if I'm rehashing old conversations, but I read back
throught the 2004 archives and only saw this touched on.

	What's the status of ACPI on the amd64 port? I don't know if
it's something with this laptop or acpi in general, but I enabled all
the acpi devices (but, lid, acad, etc), and while it looks like they're
found, they all say "not configured". See dmesg
http://www.k-labs.com/~samuelk/dmesg.amd64_AKITA and kernel config at
http://www.k-labs.com/~samuelk/AKITA

	The power management stuff would be a nice plus, but I
mostly want to get this thing cranking on all 1800 MHz. I tried to get
it wedged in myself, but I'm just not famaliar enough with kernel land
to be trying things like that.

	Can anyone help me get my CPU running full speed (a writable
sysctl knob would be *awesome*)? I'm considering installing Linux in
another partition on this machine so I can get the full use out of it
(FreeBSD *still* doesn't boot on this laptop, and Open's amd64 shares
problems with the Net port), but the thought of Linux on this just makes
me feel dirty ...

TIA