Subject: pci_display_console() problem during AlphaServer install
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Stone <bsdusr@www.yawp.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/11/2000 15:13:14
hi all -

i've run into the (apparently known) problem where my AlphaServer 1000
4/266 blows chunks during a 1.4.2 install because the firmware and
kernel disagree about the address of the built-in video card.   i've seen
other people mention the same problem (on the same hardware/firmware) in
this list's archives, but so far, i haven't been able to track down the
solution.   i've seen a couple of people offer to help, a request for an
environment dump through a serial console (which i, regrettably, can't
provide, not having such a beast on my person), and a suggestion to
disable the on-board video by pulling a jumper somewhere on the mobo.
i haven't seen anything in the way of 'here, do this' instructions for a
non-hardware fix, though.   if such a thing does exist, i'd be grateful if
someone could send me the URL.

thanks,

mike stone
.