Subject: Re: Decent SCSI card for AlphaStation 200?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/07/1999 18:07:48
Wilko Bulte writes:
- As der Mouse wrote ...
- > > Since writing SRM software is not something anyone else than
- > > Compaq/Digital is doing, [...]
- >
- > Why is this?  Lack of sufficient doco?  Lack of interest?  (Isn't the
- > ARC/SRM console code basically special-purpose microcode?)
-
- IIRC the EB boards had development kits for SRM code. That might help
- people who really want to hack on SRM.

	As someone who owns the EBSDK (to get SRM for my
AlphaPC-64), I find only PAL code source, not SRM source on the
CD.  If I had the SRM source, I'd be wacking on it to support
something newer than a 53C810 host adapter.. :-)

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
	"Ford, If I were to ask where in the hell we are, would I