Subject: Re: Multia Display problems
To: Michael Degnan <dmd37@columbia.edu>
From: Alex <xela@MIT.EDU>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/22/1998 22:27:14
> > I just installed NT 4.0 on a DEC Multia model VX-40*, running an Alpha 166.
> > There is a 2MB TGA video adapter onboard that I can only get to run at 256
> > colors.
> 	However if you are interested in running NetBSD on your Multia
> 	you've definitely come to the right place :)

Though running NetBSD won't help with this particular "problem".  The
8-bit color limit on the Multia is a deliberate design decision ---
that's part of why they cost so little.  You can learn this plus a lot
more from your hardware manual.

---Alex

Carl Alexander
------------- MIT (where Alex hangs out):
xela@mit.edu      Course VI (sometime special student)    SIPB (prospective)
                  Mitgaard ("honorary mold")    MITSFS    LSC (night worker)
                  http://www.mit.edu/~xela
------------- Work (where they call me "Carl"):
carl@terc.edu     System Administrator & User Services Manager, TERC
                  http://www.terc.edu