Subject: RE: Alpha (fwd)
To: Greg Baldwin <drizzit@eskimo.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.futureone.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/13/1998 02:07:27
On 13-Feb-98 Greg Baldwin spoke unto us all:
# On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Matt Thomas wrote:
#
# > At 08:53 AM 2/11/98 , Tim Rightnour wrote:
# > >As a side note..  I'll bet you 10:1 you can kiss Digital Unix and OpenVMS
# > >goodbye.
# >
# [ good points about why digital unix will die deleted ]

I sincerely hope it doesn't.. Because if it does we will have to write our own
SRM's like LILO for alpha machines.. if any are left...

We really need one anyway though.. ALPHA NT servers are getting dirt cheap, and
you can't run netbsd on them because they are NT only machines..

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.futureone.com
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html