Subject: Update on Multia SRM firmware
To: port-alpha list NetBSD <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/01/1997 21:24:48
As promised, I've made inquiries within Digital to find out if the
latest SRM firmware that solves the problems with bootp (that the
SRM code on gatekeeper.dec.com has) can be released into the world outside
Digital.

Alas, it seems it cannot. Please see the email below that I received
from the manager responsible for sustaining engineering for the Multia
product range.

>Sent: 	maandag 1 december 1997 15:21
>To: 	Wilko Bulte
>Subject: 	RE: Q: Multia SRM firmware
>
>	All software releases including firmware for Multia have been put into
>maintenance only.  As such, only bugs in the currently released software,
>which are found by customers and escalated using the IPMT system, will be
>addressed.  No future versions of Software or Firmware will be tested or made
>available.

So, I've done the best I could, unfortunately without success. :-(

Wilko
----------------  Support your local daemons: run [Free,Net]BSD Unix  ------