Re: Post-freeze package deletion proposals

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 01:01:49AM +0000, nia wrote:
 > * libelf and libdwarf are not required by anything and have been
 >   persistently broken with nobody clearly interested in fixing them,
 >   the latest verisons also have problems building. But many other
 >   projects do package them, so maybe a use will become clear later.

We have both libelf and libdwarf in base, which both explains much of
this and also suggests that fixing them shouldn't be that big a
deal...

...and if we have them in base, they should probably stay available in
pkgsrc.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost