Re: glib2 deprecation vs gtk2

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 08:22:25AM +0000, Sad Clouds wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 01:01:32 +0100
> Thomas Klausner <tk%giga.or.at@localhost> wrote:
>
> > I guess the answer will be: "don't use gtk2"...
> >  Thomas
>
> Have you tried gvim-gtk3 on an old machine or via vnc? It is painfully
> slow compared to gtk2 version. Gtk3 is is a resource hog, just like
> everything else that is associated with Gnome.

I guess I shouldn't have been as short.

I still have gtk2+ installed, and even firefox depends on it.

I think that upstream stopped developing gtk2+ and will not fix it for
changes in glib2 (which is still being updated), because they
concentrate on gtk3+ (and gtk4+) nowadays.

So we'll have to fix this ourselves or look at what other
distributions are doing.
 Thomas