Re: Windows port?

What are your hardware specs?  I suspect you have both a faster machine and more patience than I do.

I agree that WSL and Cygwin are fast enough for many purposes.  I wouldn't want to build gcc under WSL on the machine I have, though.

For comparison, I ran auto-pkgsrc-setup on 3 identical machines running different Unix OSs.  These are old PowerEdge 1920 servers, 4-core Xeon 5160 3.0GHz, 16G RAM.

CentOS MD-RAID mirror      6:16
FreeBSD Root-on-ZFS          5:57
NetBSD PERC RAID              12:56 (I'd like to know what the bottleneck was here, I'd expect NetBSD to be on par with the others)

zile build on NetBSD            7:10