Re: Pianobar

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 07:05:21PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 10:23:06AM -0700, Swift Griggs wrote:
> > Anyone made Pianobar or Pithos work? There is currently no native Pandora
> > client available in pkgsrc for NetBSD. Both of these work under FreeBSD, and
> > Pianobar works under OpenBSD. However, because of the way Pandora works a
> > lot of clumsy API's have to get layered on. So, this means lots of GST
> > abstraction layer hell. So, I'm not surprised nobody has taken it on. The
> > last few times I've tried to compile Pianobar it's bombed. I even tried with
> > Pithos once. That was a true gstreamer nightmare. I swear the Gnome and KDE
> > crowd like writing abstraction layers more than real code. *shakes head*
> >
> > Pianobar (console player)
> > https://6xq.net/pianobar/
>
> I've packaged this one in wip/pianobar, but I can't test it.
> Let me know if it works!

I've also tried packaging pithos as wip/py-pithos, but the package
wants to have python 3.x and notify support, but the py-notify*
packages I found in pkgsrc do not support python-3.x. There might also
be more dependencies missing, but I don't see that because running
pithos fails with a "notify missing" error.
 Thomas