Re: tex-live status

On Wednesday 18 February 2009, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> What is the status of TeX Live in pkgsrc?  I understand that teTeX is
> not being maintained, but it isn't clear to me what should be installed
> to get the newer version.  In pkgsrc/print, I see
>
>       tex-bin-texlive texlive-tetex
>
> but texlive-tetex's Makefile seems to want tex-bin-tetex rather than
> tex-bin-texlive.

Looks like tex-bin-tetex is using file from texlive.  Its Makefile starts
with:

$ head tex-bin-tetex/Makefile
# $NetBSD: Makefile,v 1.1.1.1 2009/01/26 20:37:40 minskim Exp $
# TeX Live Revision 11868

DISTNAME=       bin-tetex
PKGNAME=        tex-${DISTNAME}-3.0
CATEGORIES=     print
MASTER_SITES=   ${MASTER_SITE_TEX_CTAN:=systems/texlive/tlnet/2008/archive/}
DIST_SUBDIR=    ${PKGNAME_NOREV}
EXTRACT_SUFX=   .tar.lzma

MAINTAINER=     minskim%NetBSD.org@localhost
HOMEPAGE=       http://www.tug.org/texlive/
COMMENT=        Supplementary files for updmap

Sverre