Re: pkgsrc-upstream-trunk64 SunOS 5.11/x86_64 2015-03-02 22:42

* On 2015-03-04 at 14:28 GMT, Tobias Nygren wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Mar 2015 23:36:37 GMT
> Joyent Packages Development <pkgsrc%joyent.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> > Package                               Breaks Maintainer
> > devel/gtexinfo                          5184 pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
> > lang/python27                           4861 pkgsrc-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
> > devel/glib2                             3006 prlw1%cam.ac.uk@localhost
>
> FYI these are all manifestations of the same problem as PR 49686.
> It picks up system libs when pkgsrc preferences are supposed to be used.
> You can paper over it for all affected packages by putting in mk.conf:
>
> BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM+=rm:-L/usr/lib
>
> Classic wrappers seem to do this implicitly.

Somewhat.  The fix for this is:

  https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc/commit/1f9cc351a522203b6bdd3d294c1769fef24f6a02

However Joerg has objections to it that I don't quite understand, and
I wanted to test it across more platforms before offering it up for
official review.

Certainly hard-coding /usr/lib is completely wrong.