Re: framebuffer console on old ATI

Hello,

On Wed, 8 May 2024 10:14:55 +0000
Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Michael wrote:
> >> How do I enable radeonfb? Can I do it through configurations or do I
> >> need to compile my own kernel to try?
> > radeonfb* at pci?
> >

> I copied that line from ALL to my custom kernel build which I did for
> iwi debug.
>
> I just get a big black screen... no text, no white cursor.
> Had to turn of via powerbutton.

Did it crash or did if continue booting? If it continued to boot
radeonfb likely got the wiring of outputs to displays wrong.
With that, please try with options RADEONFB_BIOS_INIT, which adds code
to scan the BIOS for output info. This is not enabled by default
because most hardware we run radeonfb on doesn't have a PC BIOS. Should
probably be on by default on x86.

have fun
Michael