Re: ipv4_prefer

beaker wrote:
> Lucifer <renegade6969666%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> > > Try setting "ip6addrctl=YES" as well.
> > >
> > What is ip6addrctl?
>
> It's mentioned in rc.conf(5):
>
>  "ip6addrctl    Boolean value.  Fine grain control of address and
>                 routing priorities."
>
> I *think* it's akin to having to enable cruise control before you
> can set a particular speed preference.

Thanks. My router had showed it was connected but apparently not
all was working. Now ipv4 works fine but ipv6 still doesn't appear
to be working correctly. (And still many of the *current* pkgsrc
distfiles are not found on netbsd distfiles sites)

rc.conf:
ip6addrctl=YES
ip6addrctl_policy='ipv4_prefer'
ip6mode='autohost'   # I think... dhcp router is assigning the ipv6 addr and they agree

ifconfig :
re0: flags=0x8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        capabilities=0x3f80<TSO4,IP4CSUM_Rx,IP4CSUM_Tx,TCP4CSUM_Rx,TCP4CSUM_Tx>
        capabilities=0x3f80<UDP4CSUM_Rx,UDP4CSUM_Tx>
        enabled=0
        ec_capabilities=0x3<VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING>
        ec_enabled=0
        address: (xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx)
        media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseT full-duplex)
        status: active
        inet6 (fe80::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xx%re0/64) flags 0 scopeid 0x1
        inet6 ::1000/128 flags 0
        inet 192.168.0.5/24 broadcast 192.168.0.255 flags 0
lo0: flags=0x8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 33624
        status: active
        inet6 ::1/128 flags 0x20<NODAD>
        inet6 fe80::1%lo0/64 flags 0 scopeid 0x2
        inet 127.0.0.1/8 flags 0

Thanks