Re: NetBSD 10.0 RC_3 GENERIC amd64 home built kernel doesn't boot

On Sun, Feb 04, 2024 at 07:18:57PM +0100, Fekete Zoltán wrote:
... boot device: wd0
... root on wd0c dumps on wd0b
... vfs_mountroot: can't open root device
... cannot mount root, error = 6
... root device (default wd0c):

wd0c sounds unlikely for / - can you try answering wd0a at the prompt?
When that works, show dmesg output and fdisk / disklabel output for wd0
and we can try to find out where something goes wrong.

Martin

Thanks to both of you for your efforts. I've figured out that it should be a hardware error. Sometimes the system just hangs on boot, and sometimes it doesn't. Anyway, it's independent of the kernel used, I'm sure. Later, I'll change the disk.

Have a great day,

FeZ