Re: Keyboards

Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> Ump-teen years ago there was an analog-keyboard.
> It actually when 'click' when one pressed the key.
>
> Do these still exist??
> Do they last longer then the current keyboards?

I think I get what you are asking about..  yes, they very much exist.  A
web search with "mechanical keyboard" or simular should find them.  The
better ones will not be cheap.

There is also a subculture out there of people building their own
mechanical keyboards.  There are some very nice switches that you can
get, layouts, and designs, etc..  to roll your own or you can buy the
bits and assemble it yourself.  Not cheap, but very doable.  I think
"mechanical keyboard kit" might find those for you.

I use a 35+ year old mechanical USB keyboard that originally was on a
Gateway PC clone.  It is the color of a white and black cow.  It feels
nice and I like the color combination....

If you have a ps/2 style keyboard that you like, say because it has a
nice feel, but want it USB, there are Ardunio projects on github that
implement a ps/2 to USB converter that work just fine.  You may also
still find converters for sale.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org