Re: NetBSD 9.3 amd64 Intel Nuc 8i7BEH xorg problem

On Sat, 7 Oct 2023, Ramiro Aceves wrote:

Just to be sure before breaking everyting ;-), is this right procedure to upgrade as The NetBSD Guide says?

"When upgrading between major releases (e.g. between NetBSD 8.2 and 9.2), take care to first upgrade the kernel and modules:

#  sysupgrade fetch https://cdn.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-9.2/amd64
#  sysupgrade kernel
#  sysupgrade modules
#  reboot
#  sysupgrade sets
#  sysupgrade etcupdate
#  sysupgrade postinstall
#  sysupgrade clean
#  reboot

"

Yes, that's the correct procedure, but, I've never tried an update like
that using `sysupgrade'--I generally do a fresh install from scratch.

And, unless you're fine with compiling your applications from source, I
would hold off on the upgrade until the binary packages for 10.x arrive:

https://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/

 but changing the URL to this?:

 http://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-10/latest/

 Thank so much.