Re: mpv and estd and --vo=xv

On Tue 13 Jul 2021 at 23:15:43 +0000, RVP wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2021, Mike Pumford wrote:
>
> > But boost only scales up from the top clock speed to above the top speed
> > it cant scale down or at least it can't on older generations of
> > processor.
> >

> You're right about this: Turbo Boost seems to go from the Processor Base
> Frequency to Max Turbo Frequency. There is a page where these are given:
>
> https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/search/featurefilter.html?productType=873
>
> Then select the "blab blah 3.0 Freq." filter and set a Min. freq.

On the other hand, from there I found this description (I selected my
cpu,
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/134896/intel-core-i5-9600k-processor-9m-cache-up-to-4-60-ghz.html
and as explanation for Intel Turbo Boost Technology it has

    Intel Turbo Boost Technology dynamically increases the processor's
    frequency as needed by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom to
    give you a burst of speed when you need it, and increased energy
    efficiency when you don't.

I haven't seen a listing of something named Speed Shift or similar yet.
But from this one would think that it can both increase and decrease
frequency and power.

> -RVP
-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto