semaphores options

Greetings!
Sorry for posting so many questions recently, but my production
server failed to start PostgreSQL after system upgrade (8-STABLE).

This was caused by semaphores, which I like to set in kernel options,
which now are not working. Better say some are working, some are
not.

I solved the problem setting them via sysctl but I wonder what happened
with options(4)?
It seems that SEMMNI, SEMMNS, SEMMNU, NOFILE and CHILD_MAX do not
work anymore, but SHMSEG and NMBCLUSTERS are good. I beleive they
were always working because the system worked long time and had
sysctl.conf empty. Any recent changes?

My config:

include "arch/amd64/conf/GENERIC"

ident           "Blaze"

maxusers        128             # estimated number of users

# Networking options
options         GATEWAY         # packet forwarding
#options        IPSEC_DEBUG     # debug for IP security

no options CHILD_MAX
options         CHILD_MAX=8192   # max simultaneous processes
options         NOFILE=8192

options         MAXURPC=4096
options         DKWEDGE_METHOD_BSDLABEL

options         SHMMAXPGS=59400
options         SHMSEG=512
options         SEMMNI=512      # Maximum number of sets of IPC semaphores
options SEMMNS=1024 # Sys-wide max number of individual IPC semapho
options         SEMMNU=512

options         NMBCLUSTERS=65535