Re: Installing and Using NetBSD on 6 TB Drive

devocite%gmail.com@localhost (John Maier) writes:

>It is old enough, that it only supports BIOS drive booting.  Because of
>this, I can't leverage GPT partitioning/booting and therefore I'm
>constrained to a maximum of a 2TB NetBSD partition.

There is a BIOS boot block that understands GPT, you should be able to
use it to boot from the 6TB volume.

The only limit is that disk I/O is still done through BIOS. If the BIOS
doesn't support 6TB volumes, you may need to put /boot and the kernel
on a partition at the beginning of the disk.

The alternative is to create two RAID volumes, one small enough to hold
the root partition (or maybe the complete NetBSD system).

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost