Re: Prepping to install: a digression

On 07/14/15 02:15, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 12:43:57AM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
In article <55A43D0B.6030208%hiwaay.net@localhost>,
William A. Mahaffey III <wam%hiwaay.net@localhost> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the reply. I tried the 'boot -a'. It got down to the following:

boot device: wd0
root device (default wd0a):

When I tried to type in 'raid0a', it added 'pckbport_start: command
error' & hung.
[...]
[...] I am wondering why the
keyboard is not functional for you. Try raidctl -A softroot <device>

I have not followed the thread from the start so this has perhaps been
asked before: is the keyboard USB attached and not PS2? In this case,
from usb(4) add the "flags 1" to the USB protocols in the kernel config:

usb* at ehci? flags 1
usb* at ohci? flags 1
usb* at uhci? flags 1

(I guess this could be limited to the USB 1.0 protocols but who
knows...)

because :

"Sometimes it is desirable to have a device detected early in the
boot process, e.g., the console keyboard. To achieve this use a flags
value of 1."

FWIW,

Good thought, however it is a PS2 kbd & mouse. Thanks for your reply & TIA for any new clues.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.