Re: email management under netbsd : any simple strategies?

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Mayuresh Kathe wrote:
> > [I] have been using mutt under various linux based systems as
> > well as under freebsd.
> >
> > [L]ooks like the mutt under netbsd (via pkgin) doesn't support
> > smtp (yet).
> I just setup postfix to relay everything to the mail server.
> then mutt can use /usr/sbin/sendmail

Tangentially related...

I recently became aware of libsaslc(3) on NetBSD which can be used with
the native Postfix MTA to add SASL client support (authentication + SSL)
when setting up smarthost relaying, a common end-user need.  There didn't
seem to be much documentation on how to set things up so I wrote the
following (example is specific to SDF.org but should work similarly for
most smarthosts):

Postfix MTA using libsaslc(3) on NetBSD 6.x:
http://sdf.org/?tutorials/smtpauth#postfix-netbsd6

Might be nice to add to the NetBSD Guide email/postfix section.

jgw

VFEmail.net - http://www.vfemail.net
ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the
NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!