Re: Making a localized, educational live-usb version of Netbsd? Possible, and is worth it?

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 09:17:46PM +0400, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
>> If we really need dosboot, someone has to try it out.
>
> It is a relict from Windows 9x or earlier -
> it would only make sense from FreeDOS or similar nowadays.
>
> But I don't understand why it would be needed, it is way easier to boot from
> a USB stick for trying, or from already installed GRUB or Windows bootloader
> if you want a bootmenu and a more permanent solution.

As I understand original question, there's some wish to use media with original
FAT32.
This is reasonable for various reasons like interoperability in the first place.
In this case it would be really nice to have solution that boots off FAT32.
Whether it is going to use FreeDOS or anything else doesn't matter as long
as it is small enough and functional.

--
HE CE3OH...