Re:

Hi,

On 09/26/11 09:15, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
le from
safecore, and analyze that (ddb.onpanic=0)

Should default on:

|marie is 105% grep savecore /etc/defaults/rc.conf
|savecore=YES            savecore_flags="-z"
|                       savecore_dir="/var/crash"

assuming enough space in /var/crash (taking into account the number in
/var/crash/minfree) and enough space on the designated dump partition.

You'll need the netbsd.gdb from the same build as your then running kernel
to see the symbols; the kernel saved alongside is, normally, the running
one (from the time of the savecore) thus too symbol-lacking to be very
useful.

Well, I don't know where my netbsd.gdb is, if I have it at all. However, /var/crash is empty and I have several gigabytes of free space. Something must have failed.

let's wait for the next crash (hoping it doesn't happen though...)

Riccardo